If you like working with smart, driven people in a passionate and dynamic work environment, you will love it here at NexJ. As a Technical Account Manager, you will act as a trusted advisor to our customers to help them identify and creatively solve complex problems, assist with the design or restructuring of critical business and technical processes, and fundamentally enhance the way a company operates.
The Technical Account Manager role is focused on ensuring the continued success of our clients with the NexJ suite of products. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for a portfolio of NexJ clients and will work to develop the customer relationship, guide the implementation of product customizations and identify strategic opportunities.
The Technical Account Manager is an all-encompassing role with incredible opportunity and exposure. In this role you will be interacting with a cross functional team including C-level executives and will be exposed to a wide variety of technologies and design patterns. The Technical Account Manager role typically provides an accelerated career path towards Solution Architecture.
Here are just a few of the challenges and priorities you can expect from this role:
- Be the trusted advisor. Based on your knowledge of our solutions, and best practices, you can suggest enhancements and identify new opportunities to expand NexJ’s product and/or service offerings
- Be a leader. You can influence both the client and NexJ teams to ensure adherence to best practices for enhancing and maintaining NexJ’s product implementations.
- Provide guidance and support. You are able to triage complex technical issues and coordinate with a team to establish a clear path to resolution.
- Liaise with the Deployment team. You can support implementations of NexJ Systems solutions, including deployment and validation of components in development, test and production environment
- Be the custodian of each NexJ implementation. You can guide the design of customizations, generate and maintain important technical design documents and deliver accurate project status reports
- Be the trainer. You can facilitate training sessions for client support teams
- Be the bridge. You can work with the client’s technical leadership to understand their enterprise technical roadmap; and, you work with NexJ Product Management to align with our product direction
- Be a source of information. You can provide information regarding product updates, issues, roadmap and other related developments. You can maintain key technical documentation, including the solution architecture and non-functional specifications, which capture application infrastructure and integration details
- Be a team player. You can work with solution architects, project managers and business sponsors to develop project plans, resourcing, technical estimates, and responses to RFIs and RFPs
We deliver enterprise level solutions, routinely dealing with deployments that have 1,000 – 10,000 end users, with our largest implementation exceeding 30,000 active users. If that kind of scale and the chance to work on deep-scope projects sounds appealing, NexJ’s Technical Account Manager role might be the stepping-stone into the customized enterprise software industry you are looking for. This is an opportunity for an intermediate technical consultant who wants the freedom to work with multiple clients and gain an incredible amount of specialized, in-demand expertise.
We want an individual who is willing do to what it takes to build and maintain strong customer relationships; and someone open to periodic travel to the client sites to provide continued exposure.
Who you are:
- A university graduate (Computer Science or Engineering) with outstanding communication skills, a commitment to helping people understand technology, and a passion for learning new technical solutions and skills
- You have 5-7 years of experience in delivering enterprise software solutions with exposure to the full solution stack. Your implementation experience includes:
- 2 or more years of proven consulting and technical leadership experience
- Proven hands-on experience with the design, development, deployment and support of software projects using packaged software as the foundation
- Model-driven development and design (Rational Rose, UML)
- Performance testing, analysis, and application tuning across integrated platforms
- A senior developer with skills in Java, C++, or C# and a strong understanding of programming patterns
- An enterprise and support technology leader.
You have hands-on experience with:
- JEE containers (preferably JBoss or WebSphere)
- Application architectures and SOA design
- Databases: Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, SQL generation and optimization
- Knowledge of enterprise-level security concepts and methodologies, including SSO, SSL, encryption, authentication and entitlements
- Experience with communication server applications and deployments, including Exchange, Blackberry and Mobile applications
- Familiar with data warehousing, data marts, report generation (Crystal, Jasper, Cognos) and ETL
- Possess demonstrated experience and applied knowledge of Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
Nice-to-haves include experience with:
- Microsoft Exchange setup and configuration and Exchange topologies; JasperServer installation; SAP EI installation
Why Work for Us?
NexJ Systems Inc. (TSX: NXJ) is a Toronto-based, leading provider of enterprise relationship management solutions to the financial services, insurance industries across the globe. 4 of the top 6 global wealth management firms chose our products and we’re breaking new ground every day pioneering new products in new verticals and emerging markets all over the world
We invest in our employees from the big - promoting from within and listening to your ideas; to the small - providing you with a subsidized gym membership, free fruit and bagels.
Our business built by a successful executive team looking to engage the smartest, dynamic, and most creative people to help us deliver people-centric, cloud-based solutions to our clients.
Get the inside scoop on Life at NexJ at @NexJ Systems or follow us on twitter!
All final stage candidates will be required to complete a background check, which includes, credit, criminal, education verification and reference checks.
NexJ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.