Do you delight in figuring out how to break software applications? Does it satisfy you to make things ‘work right’? This position is an excellent opportunity to extend your technical career in Quality Assurance.
Your methodical, deliberate and analytic mindset coupled with enthusiasm and willingness to learn will have a direct impact on the company’s success through the quality of its products.
As a Customer QA Analyst you will assume overall responsibility for the quality of client deliverables. You will be a key participant in a high performance team and will work alongside cross functional/multi-functional Services teams. You will enjoy client facing experiences and be involved in Professional Services engagements from the onset through to completion.
- Develop, document and implement test methodology, procedures, processes and schedules
- Create QA test plans for product releases based on the functional designs
- Design and develop QA test cases and scripts
- Create test data, tools and environments as required to support testing
- Read/Analyze application functionality at the code level to gain insight into implementation details in order to close gaps in test coverage and missing test cases
- Help design, implement and review unit tests and test harnesses
- Conduct QA tests and gather, analyze and summarize test results against plans
- Effectively communicate test results to project/product team members
- Create, log, track and close defects throughout the software development process
- Work closely with the team to verify and validate fixes and updates
- Identify missing or erroneous test information through closed loop analysis and develop appropriate solutions
- Contribute as part of cross functional Scrum team to requirements, planning, design, development, and documentation teams as required
- Drive continuous efficiency improvements through adoption and creation of productivity tools and testing automation
- Performance, scalability, load, integration and regression testing
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 0-3yrs of relevant QA technical experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with automated test tools (selenium, cucumber, commercial tools) and test scripts creation
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a collaborative team
- Detail oriented and a critical eye for UI design and usability
Nice To Have:
- Understanding of functional programming with languages such as Scheme or Lisp and other Lisp dialects
- SQL and relational database familiarity (e.g. MS SQL, DB2, Oracle, MySQL)
- Exposure/experience with OOP" with languages such as Java and/or C++
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
More about NexJ Systems:
NexJ builds powerful CRM software for enterprise clients in the financial industry. Our next-generation software based on Model Driven Engineering combines information from multiple applications and data sources to provide a comprehensive knowledge of the customer. As a result, some of the biggest financial firms in the world choose our products over competitors with the biggest names in the industry.
Working at NexJ gives you an opportunity to work on truly interesting and unique technological as well as business problems while the culture here promotes and encourages career growth and exploration. The opportunities available here are limited only by your own interests and motivation. And while we’re at it, we don’t forget to have fun with events like company-wide hack-a-thons, team outings and foosball and ping pong tournaments.
NexJ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.