NexJ is a place where smart and motivated people thrive on sharing experiences and collaborating with other really smart people. Our culture, technology and customers give you the platform for an accelerated career on the path of your choosing.
We’re hiring an experienced Big Data Tools software developer to shape our brand new Data Management (xDM) platform. As a member of our xDM platform development team, you will participate in designing and developing our game changing, state of the art, big data modelling and predictive analytics engine. This is a great opportunity to get in at a very early stage and affect the direction of our next generation big data platform leveraging NexJ’s model driven engineering framework and the hottest big data and predictive analytics tools.
You’re a great fit if…
- You’re an innovator, driven to succeed and ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- You’re fascinated with large systems and would like to fundamentally change enterprise data management and analytics software
- You’re architecturally inclined and ambitious with the ability to solve abstract problems
- You work well in a collaborative scrum team with a strong sense of ownership
- Work closely with xDM’s architects to define, design, build and maintain xDM’s big data bidirectional adapter to Hadoop
- Work closely with xDM’s architects to define, design, build and maintain xDM’s predictive analytics bidirectional adapter to Spark
- Define automated integrated testing strategies and integrated test data generation strategies
- Work closely with NexJ’s team of data scientists to define, design, develop and maintain xDM’s data science interfaces to deliver a smooth end to end experience for data scientists
- Work closely with NexJ’s team of data visualization experts to define, design, develop and maintain xDM’s data visualization adapters to deliver a smooth data visualization experience
- 3+ years of experience developing big data tools
- Architecturally inclined and ambitious with the ability to solve abstract problems
- Strong programming background, able and willing to write clean code
- Experience with customizing Apache Hadoop
- Experience with customizing Apache Spark / Spark Streaming
- Experience with distributed or parallel big data processing algorithms/higher level languages
- Experience in SQL scripting and cross-referencing to alternative languages
- Experience integrating to data visualization tools
Have a strong interest or experience in the following? Even better!
- Experience solving complex date/time range calculations within specified rollup architectures
- Experience in extending visualization capabilities by adding new graphing types
- Experience in partner/third party Java library integration
- IBM Data Science Experience
- Jupyter, Apache Zeppelin
- Functional programming – Scala, Python, Lisp, Scheme
- Spark GraphX, Neo4J
More about NexJ Systems:
NexJ builds powerful CRM software for enterprise clients in the financial industry. Our next-generation software based on Model Driven Engineering combines information from multiple applications and data sources to provide a comprehensive knowledge of the customer. As a result, some of the biggest financial firms in the world choose our products over competitors with the biggest names in the industry.
Working at NexJ gives you an opportunity to work on truly interesting and unique technological as well as business problems while the culture here promotes and encourages career growth and exploration. The opportunities available here are limited only by your own interests and motivation. And while we’re at it, we don’t forget to have fun with events like company-wide hack-a-thons, team outings and foosball and ping pong tournaments.
NexJ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process