We are a mid-size company that builds powerful CRM software for enterprise clients in the financial industry. Top Tier Financial Firms choose our products and we're breaking new ground every day pioneering new products in new verticals and emerging markets all over the world. Our next-generation software combines information from multiple applications and data stores to provide comprehensive knowledge of the customer, which is delivered through any cloud platform.
If you are fascinated with large systems and would like to change the way people look at enterprise software, we would love to have you join our talented Product Management team. Joining NexJ will give you an opportunity to team up with interesting people and participate first hand in advancing the state of the art in scalable enterprise software, used by hundreds of thousands of users at Fortune 500 companies.
The Product Manager will work with a cross-functional team, ensuring that a highly competitive suite of solutions are available to effectively deliver on client expectations and enhance client outcomes. You are a leader, with significant experience and understanding of the competitive landscape in the financial world implementing successful product development initiatives.
Why do people join and stay at NexJ?
- We’re on a mission. We solve complex, world problems with market-leading technology.
- We thrive on challenges. We’re always looking for ways to improve. Your ideas are always heard and often implemented.
- Teams are empowered. We are all working to make a difference.
- We have trust in our people and look out for their best interests. We promote people on merit and performance.
- Our people are involved, recognized and rewarded for their contributions.
What will you spend your time doing?
- Contribute strategic product recommendations through your understanding of financial services solutions.
- Apply your strong understanding of the marketplace to effectively assess product ideas and identify leading opportunities that align with corporate objectives and enhance client outcomes.
- Lead a cross-functional team responsible for product idea implementation in order to develop an evaluation of the product fit and recommendation.
- Assist in managing the product development lifecycle, developing detailed functional specifications for existing and new products.
- Represent the product management function in development activities; interface with the development team to ensure products are developed, tested and deployed to specification.
- Support roadmap planning to ensure that products remain ahead of the market, valuable to its users and commercially successful.
- Work with product marketing and communications to support the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product key features, underlying technologies, and end user.
- Serve as the internal and external champion for your product offering, working with the sales channel, professional services and key customers.
- Maintain understanding of key market drivers, issues and players in assigned markets.
- Act as an Agile/Scrum product owner and develop detailed requirements and stories for the development team; ensure that product requirements are well understood by development leads.
- Provide the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product; act as subject matter expert for appropriate product related enquiries.
- Monitor and analyze market trends and competitors' product offerings.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years in a product management role
- Experience implementing complex enterprise software solutions
- A unique blend of industry knowledge; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- The focus and passion to develop an understanding of market problems, find innovative solutions for the broader market and identify how emerging technologies can help
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to facilitate discussions and debate, mediate conflict, and nurture collaboration
- A proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience in the financial services industry as it relates to Product Management
- Bachelors or related Business Degree
Who will you be working with?
You will be reporting to Mark Eaves, ski enthusiast, movie buff and Senior Director of Product Management. You will spend your time working very closely with existing scrum teams, leading development of features. You’re hands-on and will work closely with development, QA, architecture, and UX designers. You will also collaborate with other pillars throughout the company such as product marketing (education on new features and correct messaging), sales (capabilities to position product in different financial services verticals), and professional services (implementing and customizing the product in the field).
NexJ Systems is dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.